Under SM&CR, all firms must record each and every certification function held by an employee (both current and lapsed). Follow the steps below to record these functions:
Adding certification functions
- Click Workbench and then click Datasets.
- Click Certification Regime.
- Click Certification Functions and then click on the circular Plus sign next to the dataset title to open the dataset.
- Give the dataset an accurate description (e.g. John Smiths Certification Functions).
- Then click on the dropdown underneath the description to assign it to the Person entity whose certification functions you want to record (the member of staff).
- Fill in each certification function held by the user, recording:
- What the certification function is.
- The date when the user first acquired the certification function.
- When they resigned it (if applicable).
- Whether they have passed a fit & proper test for that function.
- Click Add Row in the bottom right to add additional certification functions.
- Repeat the process for adding a certification function until all the functions ever held by that user are documented.
- Save and then close the dataset.